From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:49:09 -0500
Dear L'rs:
Since the list recently has more musings than serious questions, this
has led me to ask something I have wondered about.  It seems the
Caribbean is well traversed for shell collecting, and I know of folks
who have been to almost every spot with a name in the Bahamas, Turks and
Caicos, Dominican Rep., Windward and Leewards, etc.  It seems, however,
that few go to Puerto Rico for shelling.  Since that island has a
decent, if limited, land fauna, I was thinking of planning a trip there
someday. But what about marine collecting there?  Why do so few go there
for shells?  Any locations for either land or marine shell there?
Thanks in advance.

Alan Gettleman
Merrit Island, Florida