From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 01:27:42 -0000
Hi Andrew, I was snorkeling around at the beach to the south of lake worth
inlet as i drifted around in about 6-10 ft of water i came across a
cuttlefish and it was just as curious about me as i for it. i have never
seen another in s. fl waters . what species ??? sorry but i don't know ,
describing it would be like telling someone who was blind what the color
blue looks like as they(the cuttlefish) change color , texture and pattern
in a blink of an eye. i did get about five feet from it before it vanished ,
and i really mean vanish , probably shot under me but it was gone . ......
BTW, about ten barracuda in the same area , they are just as curious but i
find them a bit more ,,,,un-nerving....(just keep telling yourself "they
don't bite!!" {much}) ferret