From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:00:11 -0000
Excellent Karen , hey if i may suggest , there is a real neat spot that is
great for beginners in several ways .
In the lower keys there is a place called little deer key , just past the 7
mi bridge, just look for trails going out from the shore through the sea
grass. it's only a few feet deep so if all goes wrong up just stand up. the
best part is the trails ,. it's sort of like snorkling down a pathway and on
both sides are sea grass full of life , small fish, mantis shrimp, hermit
crabs and many small mollusks. if she likes that there is missouri key just
a bit further down from there, here you'll find many different habitats ,
soft corals, bigger fish, and maybe a cypraea cervus .  now you have the
courage of Samson you go a bit further and you find bahia honda state park,
bigger fish , corals , sea fans , and tons of color and neat stuff. finish
it off with a great sandwich from  road side stand just south a bit more .
hope this helps , any questions , just e-mail me  [log in to unmask] ferret