From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:33:43 -0700
> what will happen next year when bios go back in the test to 1. 1. 1900. Is
then the computer complete down for
> 2000. Please tell me.
> with best regards
> Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut,

I do not think anyone really knows as the effects will be different for
different computers and different applications (software, etc.).  It could
be that your machine will do all right, except it will think it is "living"
in 1900.  However, if you have any programs that use dates, then they will
be messed up.  If you are not sure your machine is Y2K compliant, I would
back up all files I cared about and if it all falls apart, you can at least
recover those files when you get your machine back in order.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA