AGED-NORTH Archives

AgEd Teachers of North Georgia

AGED-NORTH@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:41:50 -0400
Teachers, we will again be having the annual Cross Cut Sawing
Competition at the Region Rally.  We will start the competition a 4pm
on Friday afternoon.   All teams need to be registered by 5 pm.  We
will be set up near the pool.  Only one (two person) team may be
entered per FFA Chapter.  Only one winning team will be recognized.
There is no jr or sr division.  The fastest team cutting through the
log is the winner.  Your team may bring their own cross cut saw or use
the one we provide.  All students competing must have on close toe
shoes.  All students will need to wear the safety chaps we provide.
It is recommended that they have on jeans.  Please give your students
some safety advice before they compete.  The saw blade is sharp and
can rip a leg open if not handled correctly.  This happened to an
experience uga forestry student several years ago while competing at a
national competition.  Make sure they know not to let go of the saw at
anytime and to not have their leg directly under the saw blade.  Feel
free to bring gloves for your two students who are competing.

See you at the Rally.
Blane

--
Blane Marable