From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:37:42 -0000
No , not yet . I had a real great discussion on the subject of cuttlefish
living and thriving in south east floridian waters namely around the west
palm beach area as there have been about 6 sightings. According to Tucker
abbott , These illusive creatures don't live in american waters . So the
argument began , The "Con side" sided  that since tucker abbott wrote about
their absence then what we saw was an illusion. the "pro side" who actually
witnessed the creatures stood their collective ground and some people took
offense and fired  some cheap shots at them. Another argument was made to
the effect that since there have not been  cuttlebones found then this is
evidence that these cuttlefish are not here . We then received a statement
that someone had found cuttle bones here in Florida , also the person who
found them did so in the west palm beach area . so now you're up to date
Carole. Anything you want to add?
hope to see you at the next BSC meeting,
mark & Peta
bethke
3001 South Ocean Dr. Suite 4-V Hollywood Florida 33019-2804