Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:38:58 EST
I had heard that in the Mississippi Delta region that the Zebra Mussels were
causing problems with water pipes, etc., etc. and that the local and possibly
(this is rumor) that local and "other" governmental agencies had authorized
"control measures" (if you will) to eliminate the "problem" (being the
Mussels)...........could this be leading causes for possible extinction???
I'll leave that assumption up to our readers.  Wouldn't surprise me, though.
I'm certain that we have more localized authorities from closer proximity to
this region with more accurate information.

Harriette