From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:12:59 -0500
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well along in your holiday planning. I plan to be shelling
on the 23rd and 24th since those days will be the lowest tides of the year
(minus 1.5 feet). Meanwhile, there seems to have been a little confusion
about my shelling video, so I hope you'll indulge me while I (hopefully)
clear everything up.

The video is a work in progress. What I was looking for was some response
from you Conch L'ers so I would know if this is worth finishing. I have
video that I shot in several different areas of north Florida showing
habitats, finding the shells, etc. What I had planned to do if everyone
thinks it's a good idea, is continue shooting footage through early next
year (there are many spots where I have not shot any video yet), then
editing everything on a non-linear computer-based digital video workstation
to assure maximum quality. All of which means we are probably looking at
Spring 2000 for the actual release date. I would expect that the video
would run at least an hour, and maybe an hour and a half. Copies would be
made directly from the editing workstation in real time, again to preserve
maximum quality. Based on some feedback and figuring my time and expense (I
am hoping just to recover my costs on this, not make a profit), I would
anticipate that a copy would be $29.95 plus shipping, with Conch L members
getting a copy for $24.95.

Hope that clears things up. Don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have any
comments or questions.

Happy holidays to everyone!
Jim

Jim Miller