From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:18:41 -0500
Dear Emilio,

Our U.S. papers are full of the Venezuelan tragedy and so is the TV
news. We are all shocked and saddened. What a horror to happen at
Christmas time, when even the poorest people have hopes of a little joy
on Earth, but instead our Earth sweeps them away to their deaths with
rivers of mud!  We extend our sympathy and we hope that our U.S.
government and other countries continue to aid Venezuela in this time of
extreme need. Thank you for telling us what is going on, making it more
vivid and personal than the news accounts! I hope I speak for us all
when I say to please feel welcome to keep us informed via Conch-L. This
listserve has helped make shellers into a single worldwide community and
so I feel that your tragedy is shared by all of us.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY