From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:41:04 -0500
Bill, A couple of weeks ago, I had a chance to go to Cedar Key--the islet
10 minutes off the tourist strip. Part of the key was posted off-limits.
Maybe that was related to the fact that a tourist had found the skeletons
of 3 native Americans: man, woman and child from a couple of hundred years
ago washing out of the sand a few weeks before.

I saw lots of broken and bleached shells, but no grit. I couldn't figure
out how I was missing anything if it was there -- because the Jacksonville
website to lists 153 species. Any clues why the discrepancy? Was there a
particular spot? Were most of the listed species dredged?
--David K.