From:
Barbara Haviland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:28:28 -0500
Ed has posted several questions since we have been on CONCH-L. Is there no
one who knows anything about Chamas in the Caribbean and Florida waters? I
hope there is someone who can help him, at his age he is still learning
more and more about the shells in our collection.  It is fun to discover
new species that we have thought were something else, and they are at times
newly named species.  I guess this is what you get when you have collected
for over the number of years that Ed and I have, I can only boast  35+
years to you his 79 years.

I hope someone can at least try and answer his question, granted Chamas may
be to much of a challenge, and yes, not many people collect them,  to much
work to collect them.

Send Ed something.

B. Haviland