From:
Paul Kanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:42:57 -0800
On the subject of Japanese shell books: Does anyone have any information
about a book in my possession Titled "A Collection of Japanese Shells" by
Shintaro Hirase published in 1934 ? The book has tissue between color plates
and has an index and text in both Japanese and English. I am especiially
interested how the color plates were made . They  are still in very good
condition and appear to have faded very little.