From:
Thomas Clenche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:24:30 PST
Hi world;

soils here in Newfoundland are very acidic and many people use crushed
shells to reduce the acid levels in their gardens.  Also, in rural
Newfoundland, some people used to crush clam shells into powder and give it
to their hens to increase the strength of the egg shells.  I don't know if
it worked, but why not??

Thomas Clenche
Petley, Random Island, Newfoundland.

ps. My first time on the list.