From:
Karen Lamberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:19:36 -0500
The last time I was in St. John's, there was no collecting in the
park---period! and to look at the underwater shambles there, I would agree
that nothing should be taken as the loss would be long in being overcome.
Other areas  of the island have fared better at the hands of man. Generally
speaking, most of the BVI & USVI have very similar species. A "newbie" most
likely will not be finding conchological fantasies! But tell them to go and
enjoy, the island is lovely and the folks very friendly.