From:
Jordan Star <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:21:28 EST
To Hank and All Shellers,
When I turn on my computer I sometimes get a message from my Norton virus
protection that the protection is ?? days old and an update is needed.  I say
ok or close the message.  When I connect to the Internet I go to
www.symantec.com and get an update.  Then when I go to lunch I scan for
viruses, the scan takes awhile.  Also the antivirus program can scan a file
someone sends you before you open it but I'm not about email.  Some email
programs are "locked" out of a virus scan.  I called Symantec (a toll free
number) and asked if I can scan for viruses in email.  They said no, some but
not all Internet providers give us the codes to scan for viruses, Comuserve
will not give us the codes to access the program.  Anyway I don't open any
attachments to an email and reading them doesn't give you a virus but you
might get one from a web site.  I never heard of an antivirus program
interfering with other programs.
Jordan *