From:
frhinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:11:59 -0600
Dear Art and all on the list,
Tom lists dealers lists. He does not attempt to correct
Genus or Author or anything. I think he had done a
marvilous job just adding the Families to the recent years
lists. In bygone times, some of you weren't born yet, the
Rice list was the bible of shells. I actually think he was
the only person in the world that recieved every dealers
list. mI tried to get them and at one time thought I had
them. When Tom's next list came out there were names not
even on my lists of valid species which I have been trying
to keep for 40 years. WOW! What a difference today makes.
E-Mail, Internet access to most archives, and people like
Poppe with lists and lists I no longer have that problem. I
hope everybody understands Tom's list thing now..
I answered this once before about three years ago .
Fred in MN

----------
> From: Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: (no subject)
> Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 8:39 PM
>
> Dear Someone.
>         In Rices Prices, he lists "abnormalis E.A. Smith"
under
> Coralliophila. Under Latiaxis, he lists "abnormis E.A.
Smith" (same
> date). I think they are the same shell. Which is the
correct spelling?
>     Oh, yes, and by the way, the Buzzards returned to
Hinckley
> today---right on time. Can the suipteridae (flying Pigs)
be far behind?