From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:26:44 -0800
Wow!

This sounds like something I need for my shell collection. What is the
exact name of the microscope? It allows you to save the images on your
computer as .jpgs? Send me a couple to have a look at please!

Thanks Scott,
Peter Egerton
Vancouver, Canada

At 06:21 PM 3/29/00 EST, you wrote:
>Hello to all in Conch-L land,
>
>Was just curious to know if anyone had bought the new microscope by Intel and
>Mattell, called the QX3. It costs about $100.00, and hooks up to your
>computer (via USB port), and lets you see the images on your monitor.
>
>The magnifications are 10X, 60X, and 200X, and although not crystal clear, it
>is still fun. A Caecum pulchellum can take up your whole screen.
>
>If anyone wants to see some shells from mine, let me know, and I'll send some
>JPG images to you. Note that some can't view them. Depends on your computer.
>
>Scott
>Florida

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca,
student of zoology and computers for life.
Step into my website:
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html