From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:02:12 +1000
Dear all,

I would define a fraud as something somebody has done (and does repeatedly)
fully realising and being aware of any possible implications of the fact
that the activity breaks a law.

Bravo, Avril. You did what George should have done himself, just E-mail the
fellow and ask him why he got the images and if he knew this was against
the law.

What David did was stupid, but hardly a fraud. After all, I doubt he'll
ever done it again. Have we all become so bitter and set in our ways that
we have forgotten the stupid things we did ourselves when we were
unexperienced?

As Avril said, there is usually a reason for everything, so it usually pays
to just go to the source of the problem and ask as politely as you can when
you're fuming out the ears. I am sure he would have apologised personally
to George. Some of the people who I have come in contact with in a similar
fashion are now my best customers. They were unexperienced shellers and net
users and copied material because they needed some guidance. Their
ignorance got them into trouble, but they meant well. I deal with 1000's of
people around the world. There are very, very few I would genuinely not trust.

Keep your lawyers at home. Litigous minds are destroying everyting that was
ever fun in life. Solving the problem yourself is much more satisfying,
cheaper and better for your health.

Patty
WWW: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications               on-line natural history bookshop
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098
mobile 0412 865030

E-mail: [log in to unmask]