From:
"William M. Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 01:01:45 -0400
Over the past few weeks a virus/worm has been making it's
way through the subscribers to Conch-L - specifically those
using Microsoft Outlook Express as their E-mail client.

This worm initially arrives as the signature file of one sending
HTML formatted E-mail. This species is subsequently propogaged
""supposedly"" without  the knowledge of the originator (if you are
without sufficient anti-virus software).

Two of us on the listserv have been infected.  When it was purged
from our system and appropriate anti-reinfection measures were
instituted, two others on the listserv were identified as being
carriers (by a warning received from our software).

To completely eliminate this scourge from our vocubalary, I urge
you to do the following:

A. Using your antivirus sofrware (which is updated) to scan your system.
B. If you don't have anti-virus software, search your hard-drive for files
named "kak.hta" or "kak.htm"  If it finds one of them, then you need to
investigate how to get rid of this worm.

If you think that you may be infected, email me personally I'll
refer you to the appropriate place,

Regards,

Bill Frank
1865 Debutante Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32246-8645
~~~~~~~~~
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm