From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 14:06:50 +0200
Hello,

Everybody has seen the very prompt and good answers to my question.
Thank  you all for helping.

Some people suggested good conchological journals (La Conchiglia,
Basteria, Vita Marina) but although these publications really are the
state-of-the-art in general sheel literature, they don't meet our major
demand: a complete overview of new taxa in Mollusca. (sorry, Helmut!)

I believe the best answer (in our library situation) to my question came
from Gijs Kroonenberg and Andrew Rindsberg amongst others. They suggest
the Zoological records, which are slow indeed in publishing but the most
efficiënt to have an overview of the situation (and that is what we need
here: this overview allows us to browse through the list of new names
with more specific parameters to get to the original references without
having to fear for missing important publications). Of course this is
quite expensive, but I've looked things over with our director, and I
think we can go for it!

Thanks again,

Jan
--
Jan Haspeslagh
bibliothecaris/librarian VLIZ

email : [log in to unmask]

VLIZ
Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee vzw
Flanders Marine Institute
Victorialaan 3 - B-8400 Oostende, Belgium
Tel. +32-(0)59-34 21 30
Fax +32-(0)59-34 21 31
http :www.vliz.be