From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 14:11:53 -0400
to Abby Jones, sorry at the moment I can't find the right spelling. Is there is an error, sorry.

I'll take the apologies with all my heart.

Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37

----------
Peter:

Not rude!  Last I checked, anyone can ask a question on Conch-L as long as it
pertains to mollusca.  Asking in front of everyone is the format of the list!
Where else would I find the answer?

I think the word you were looking for is "uncivilized question".  When Mr.
Nisters posted directions of how to get to the website for the museum where he
and his mother are listed, I knew immediately that I was misinformed about Mr.
Nisters credentials.  I stand corrected and offer apologies to Mr. Nisters and
his mother.

As for the dealers advertising on Conch-L, I think it was mentioned several
weeks back that Conch-L guidelines set by the university forbid any commercial
selling on the net.  With my stats for today, I may be wrong about this, too.
Don't misunderstand, I love shell dealers!!!!  But, if the rules say no
advertising, it should be enforced.

Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
How rude!..."does it really exist?" What kind of civilized question is that
to ask about Helmut infront of him and the entire list? :-O
Remember, we are all supposed to be friendly here.
Peter

At 07:51 AM 5/19/00 PDT, you wrote:
>I kind of agree with the sentiment "don't keep begging for shells all the
>time".  Only, the dealers that always seem to get a word in about their
>"newest additions" to their lists are also unappreciated.  You all know the
>rules.  So, I always delete dealer messages and those contributors that have
>got on my last nerve.  Easy!
>
>I've ofen wondered has anyone ever been to Mr. Nisters museum and does it
>really exist?

>Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com.

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca,
lifetime student of zoology and computers.
Step into my website:
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html