From:
Jose Eduardo de Alencar Moreira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 18:58:13 -0300
Congratulations Amy for Conch-L's new web interface and archive !!! Great
great work!!

Just as a test I tried to search the word "Helmut" and almost crashed the
UGA computer. First it refused the search with a message "Give me a break!",
second it said that the search would take three days since there were too
many entries for this word, and then it sent me a page that said that there
were 1253 messages (up to 6:35PM Brazilian Time...) and guess what?

The first message is asking for shell donations; the second a test; the
third also asking for donations!! Gee!!

Coming back for a serious matter, this is a very powerful tool we have in
our hands. For example: may be I'll go to Isla Margarita to attend an
OAS/CITEL meeting (isn't it a nice place for a meeting) next month. A search
tells me that there are 9 entries. I'll search them and I won't bother you
about where to shell there unless there is something else I need to know.

One more time, MANY THANKS Amy.

Cheers,

Eduardo Moreira
Brasilia, Brazil