From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:56:36 PDT
leg does really mean legit and should mean collected.
Maybe that the donor of the shells is the collector too.
leg, Univ. Alabama means perhaps that members of the
Univ. Alabama had collected some shells, without knowing
exactly who. I thnink it' the same meaning if you know one
person and the others not, for example:
leg. Nisters et al.
So I think leg. Univ. Alabame will substiute all the collectors
of a group.

yours Helmut