From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 10:22:40 -0400
"Harry G. Lee" wrote:

> Dear Emilio P.,
>
> Not having all the pop literature, I have been illuminated by Mariette
> Jearey (R.S.A.) about an additional published revelation; I quote her email:
>
> "I refer to Cowries and their relatives of Southern Africa by Bill Liltved,
> page 96:

Hello!
Hi HLee,
Thanks again. Yes I have the book and the info. I also have
Gino Raybaudi's tally, pre liltved, on the SA Cyps.
There is still a bit of error in the tally because of
"shell dispersal" or "collection migration", like who has which specimen
at snapshot in time (July 2000). I will have a notice on the webpage,
sort of a "call for registration" or "registry of sinistral Cypraea (all not
just SA)"
andask collectors, museums etc to please e-mail the info on who has what.
This will only be as good as the response of course, but at least it is a
start. I would be nice to expand info to ALL "winding snails", including
land stuff, at a future time.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;