Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:39:41 EDT
Dear all,
 I just read a disturbing piece in our Palm Beach Post. It states that," a 49
year old man died on a snail-gathering expedition west of Boynton Beach, Fl.
early Saturday morning.
  According to the sheriff's department, Ricky Reddick of Gibsonton, near
Tampa, was looking for a rare type of snail with his business partner,
exploring shallow canals off U.S. 441, north of Boynton Beach Blvd. Reddick
and his partner, Kenneth Peterman, separated. When Peterman returned around
2:30 a.m., he found Reddick face-down in about 18 inches of water. The cause
of death was unknown, but sheriff's detective said it may have been a heart
attack."

  My question, does anyone know this man? What type of snails could he have
been hunting for. I am not aware of any RARE fresh water snails in this area.
  Unfortunately the newspaper did not follow through with this article and it
leaves me curious for more information.
  I am still suffering from my lack of a COA contact this year. Wish I could
have been there. It has been quite a few years since I have missed one and I
will probably feel like the whole year has something missing to it.
  I understand the Houston group did a bang up job. Congratulations to you
all.
                         Carole Marshall
                          Lake Worth, Fl.