Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:07:19 EDT

<< Doug Shelton has mistakenly used the acromym of the Field Museum of Natural
 History (FMNH) when referring to the Florida Museum of Natural History,
 (formerly the Florida State Museum) whose acronym has usually been
 expressed as UF or UF-FSU.

I stand corrected.  I do note however the Florida Museum of Natural History
uses both UF and FLMNH.  Either way I goofed.  I meant to use FLMNH, but I
guess brain deadness set in; a malady of which I frequently suffer to no
excuse.

Let me also add that while this discussion has certainly gotten off track it
has benefitted me.  I am in the process of developing a database for the State
of Tennessee based on historical records.  As a result of this discussion I
now know to enter the FLMNH labels field "Leg." as "Legacy" not "Legit".  This
will certainly help avoid confusion down the road as the database becomes
operational.

Doug Shelton
Alabama Malacological Research Center
2370-G  Hillcrest Road #236