From:
Peg Dombach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:13:52 +0100
Hello to All,
      It's great to be on-line with others who share my interest in shells.
My name is CHristine Koch.  I teach 3rd grade at the Twin Valley
Elementary Center in Morgantown, PA.  I became interested in mollusks in
1989 during my first trip to Marco Island, Florida.  That was all it took
!!! I was hooked!!!  I now have two shell clubs at TVEC for first through
fifth graders.  We do a lot of work on identification of shells the kids
have found or purchased.  We've opened a shell shop for the school where
kids can buy shell bags, pencils, stickers, etc.  The proceeds have gone to
SAVE THE MANATEE Organization.  I would love to hear from other shellers in
regard to educational material available for the kids.  We were using
Tucker Abbott's identification guide to Caribbean shells.  Cecelia Abbott
was able to sell them to us at a very reasonable price.  But we are at a
loss where to locate more copies. Our main focus has been shells found at
the Jersey, Delaware, Maryland shores, as well as Florida and the
Caribbean.
Any info in regard to good shelling locations in those places would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much!!!