From:
Frank Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:41:35 EDT
OK, so now I'll tell the secrets that never make Tom's list. About 1/3
(that's a guess) of most dealers shells that sell never make their price
list. I have many collectors that are looking for certain or specials shells
and the sell as soon as I get them on hand. Last week I sold a Lambis scorpio
for $50.00 and the buyer was very happy. What would that have done to Rice's
prices? I also sold a WRS Cypraea that normally sells for $30.00 for $75.00.
It was only F+/F++ not even gem. Again what would that have done to Rice's
prices. I think most dealers do all they can to protect the integrity of this
list and so we will continue to sell these type shell off of our price lists.
I recently got in some oversized shells that justified the double the normal
price that I was asking and every customer that got one agreed. I also got in
a shipment of shells at half what I normally pay and I put those for sale at
way below retail. Are both of these valid examples of what really happens, I
think so and no auction list could ever show this, in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Frank Walker

Gems From The Sea
Visit Our WEB SITE: www.shellgems.com
New Shells Arrive Every Week - [log in to unmask]
New posting every week under BULLETIN Board
Shell Trips - Herbal Therapy - Aroma Therapy
    BUY - SELL - TRADE - CONSIGNMENT
"Quality Specimen Shells For Every Collector"
(508) 481-7491; Fax: (508) 624-9778; out-of- state 1-800-497-3601
<A HREF="http://www.shellgems.com/"> Welcome to Shell Gems: buy and sell
shells from around the world</A>