From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:32:26 -0400
Frank,

List administrators are not monitoring the list before notes are posted
any more. But, as Amy said on Monday:
> 1) the administrators of the list are always listening.

We still read (and always have read) everything after it is sent out on
Conch-L.

Ross,

Back in 1958 there was not a lot done on
> detailed habitat and reproductive info on Tudicula zanzibarica Abbott, 1958
They paid more attention to shell morphology back then. But I do have
his March 31, 1959 Indo-Pacific Mollusca entry for Tudicula (Tudicula)
zanzibarica. I will give you what help I can from that monograph.
Nothing but nothing is mentioned under the species for breeding habits.
In fact he give a brief description of soft parts, saying they are
similar to those of Vasum and that, I'm afraid, is that.

Regarding habitat, Abbott says,  "dredged 8 fms on a bottom of sand,
broken shell and wiry grass." The type locality is 1.5 miles WSW of Ras
Nungwi, north end of Zanzibar Island, Natural Science Foundation
station  no. 651, March 4, 1957. At that time it was known only from the
type locality.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY