From:
Russell Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 07:48:39 +1000
Re: collecting 50 Conus geographus.

Well said Masashi Yamaguchi.

As a new member (of several months) to this list I have read the passing
traffic with interest but have not contributed till now.  I am concerned
that their seems to be more of an interest in the $ value of a shell than in
the animal that made it.

Can anyone suggest another list with more of an interest in the total
package?

Masashi is rightly concerned about research farming out its dirty work
without bearing an responsibility to how / where the animals are collected,
and its affect on the environment .  There was no mention of permits or a
scientific rationale for why 50 are needed.  Just how can I get 'em without
any responsibility.

Russell Kelley

*
**
***
Russell Kelley
Writer, director, producer, science communication consultant.
Watermark Films Pty. Ltd.
ABN 17 089 843 087
P.O. Box 1859, Townsville, 4810, AUSTRALIA
email: [log in to unmask]
61 (0) 747 243106 ph.
61 (0) 747 715156 fx.
61 (0) 419 716730 mob.