From:
"Monfils, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:01:05 -0400
In Shells of the Philippines (Plate 63, Page 227) there is a rather
indistinct picture of a small cone shell identified as Conus papillosus
Kiener.  The only other reference I can find to that name is an old synonym
of Conus puncticulatus, a Caribbean species.  Does anyone know what this
shell actually is?  Based on the shape, color and description, I thought it
might be Conus axelrodi, which is not listed in this book, but does occur in
the Philippines.  Unfortunately, the illustration, like a number of others
in this book, is so small and lacking in detail that I can't tell anything
for sure.

Paul M.