From:
"C. E. Pinkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:46:05 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Jouvernaux <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, September 30, 2000 1:24 AM
Subject: Re: Compendium

>Hi there,
>I am looking for a second hand copy of the Compendium of Seashells.
>It doesn't have to be the latest edition and I don't mind if it isn't in
>perfect condition.
>I am willing to pay or possibly trade some shells for it ( I have some nice
>New Zealand spares).
>If anyone has one to offer, please contact me privately at:
>
>Thanks
>Best regards,
Bar

Hi Barbara....Just happen to have a very used copy of the compendium...and
would love to trade for some New Zealand shells.  First let me say the
postage on the book will be enormous if sent air mail.  Actually the value
of the book is probably $10.00 to $20.00 at best and the postage I cant
quote til I get it to the Post Office...We usually trade value for value in
shells...but would like to know what you may have just in case you want to
sell us other things you have.  We are always on the lookout for new supply
sources.
You may note that I just sent in a query for some blue operculums that may
or not be from New Zealand...maybe Australia.  A couple answered that they
thought the shells might be Astralium rhodostomum or Astraea rotularia or
Astraea stellare.....I particularly want the opercs to make some jewelry so
even if you do not have the whole shell at this point ....if you have the
little blue beauties give me a quick note...our e-mail....please
And thanks.....Mique