From:
"Kim C. Hutsell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:50:52 -0700
Kurt Auffenberg wrote:

> Art and Kim,
> Although tempting, I refuse to respond to this line of discussion.  But,
> ooh, baby, my fingers could fly all over the keyboard!
>
> XXX,   Kurt
> Kurt,

I'm not sure if you agree or disagree. Since it's rather ambiguous,
please do answer, but first consider this(in response to the Lipe's re:).
Everyone here knows that museum personel work hard and are serious about
their job, putting in many more hours than most. And, most people here
have never had any problem gaining access to collections when they had
legitimate reasons, myself included. We all know, money, time, staffing,
space, and everything else is in short supply and and museum employees do
a great job with what they have. But the original line of discussion
focused on whether or not the general public realized the importance of
the scientific collections housed in museums and what could be done about
it...and how to gain their support.  It was to that issue I addressed my
comments. As I said, no offence was intended.  It was only an opinion
(which was solicited) based on observation.  In truth, I didn't take your
response as a negative one until I read Bob's comments. For the sake of
clarity, please...do respond.

K. Hutsell