From:
Jenny Scarboro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:07:35 -0500
Here's a lighthearted question for the oldtimers...

Recalling one of my stinkiest-ever experiences, a trip to Shell Heaven (the
scallop dump) at Cape Canaveral with my aunt Gloria in 1981, I now realize
with some sadness that the scallop dumps are no longer open for the
picking.

Tell me... is there any truth therefore to this story?  It was related to
me that several years ago, the owners of a dump closed their dump to
scavengers after a truck unloaded tons of rotting mollusca onto a shell
collector who apparently failed to move out of the way, killing him as dead
as a scallop!

Was my leg being pulled here, or what??

Jenny