From:
Jo Ann Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:18:14 EST

<<
 Garter snakes like slugs. >>
I've seen Everglades racers down land snails, palmetto bugs and virtually
anything with a pulse(including taking a bite out of my dog as she passed
innocently by).  They are voracious, opportunistic feeders.
On a lighter note, anyone in the South Florida area should take a trip to
John U. Lloyd early in the week. The shells were rolling in with that
luscious, stinky dark bottom-dwelling seaweed and dead gorgonians.  I have to
work, gosh-darn-it, but please don't let the French Canadians get ALL the
shells!!!!:))
Happy shelling!
Joni