From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:52:58 -0600
Hi, Conch-L!

Jan, from collecting Pectens for many years, I think one reaason bivalves are less popular with collectors is just the simple fact of trying to keep shells with two pieces organized versus the easier to deal with univalves.    In fact, as much as I love them, I sometimes get darn mad when I can't find the matching valve to some specimen.    Yes, I'm not very organzied; but a good deal of it depends on the fact that I have so little storage space.   Even if I had more cabinets, I wouldn't know where to put them.   (Mark, how big is your
seaside villa?)     The result is less space in i.d. books devoted to bivalves.

Cheers,
Linda