From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:40:44 -0500
Dear Henk,

thank you best for e-mail. What was in former time also in our area known
as Pyramidula rupestris (Draparnaud, 1801) tuned out a few years ago  to be
Pyramidula pusilla (Vallot, 1801). This I wanted to let know the
Spanish collectors. Pyramidula rupestris should exist in Spain in the
Pyrenees.
The malacological literature of our museum is very poor as the museum
hasn't a good budget to buy it.
I would wish me eventual some copies if you can make for me of interesting
articles concerning European
landshells, like this work. I would be very pleased and can supply you in
summer monthes with some
nice landshells if you like. Could you provide me and my mother with some
shellgrit as we have spoken
about it some time ago.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

----------
Dear Helmut,
A tentative revision of the genus Pyramidula was published by Gittenberger,
E. & Bank, R.A., 1996. A new start in Pyramidula (Gastropoda Pulmonata:
Pyramidulidae). Basteria, 60: 71-78. According to their results the
following species of Pyramidula are encountered in Spain: Pyramidula
jaenensis (Clessin, 1882), Pyramidula pusilla (Vallot, 1801), Pyramidula
rupestris (Draparnaud, 1801) and a form of pusilla which resembles the
British Pyramidula umbilicata (Montagu, 1803). With other words: if you
manage to get material from Spain then you have first to verify to which
species it really belongs.
Best regards,
Henk K. Mienis.