From:
Sophie Valtat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:29:40 +0100
Hello,

As it seems fairly  quiet around, may I propose for ID some
landsnails / freshwater from East coast of peninsular Malaysia. Of
course, the advice of our expert Jeoff Macaulay will be welcome but
if you've got an idea feel free !
The exact place is : Perhentian island, Teluk dalam. The species are
for sure very commun but I have no knowledge in this area. I put
tentative genus names. Most of the shells were founded in the jungle
except the Faunus ater (beach combing) and the Amphidromus (beach
combing and in a clearing). The land is acid, no limestone but
something which looks like what we call "grès" in French perhaps
sandstone.

- N°1 & 2 : cyclophorus (104 Ko)
http://www.bankowsky.com/sv/cyclo.jpg

- N°3 : hemiplecta (84 Ko)
http://www.bankowsky.com/sv/hemi.jpg

- N°4 : faunus and  5 to 7 : ??? (148 Ko)
http://www.bankowsky.com/sv/faun.jpg

- N° 8 to 16 : amphidromus (248 Ko)
http://www.bankowsky.com/sv/amphi1.jpg

- N° 17 to 19 : amphidromus (172 Ko)