From:
Masashi Yamaguchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:48:26 +0900
Dear Conch-L Experts,

I found that the specific name for the Indo-Pacific tellinid Quidnipagus
was written as either palatum or palatam in various shell books. I would
like to find out which is correct but I am unable to see the original
description by Iredale in 1929.

This clam is eaten by pigs in Tonga and you can see many pigs on
tidal flats when the tidal level is low as shown in my webpage below.

http://www.cc.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/~coral/Tonga-2.htm

Sorry, I have yet to add English remarks on this photo.

Masashi Yamaguchi
Faculty of Science
University of the Ryukyus
e-mail: [log in to unmask]