From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:35:57 EST
Wow! Thanks one and all for the great replies. Glad to know the charming
little beasties are still out there!

I recently read that seahorses are related to trumpet fish, which, at first,
amazed me. But then (D'oh!) I was amazed I had missed such an obvious
resemblance.

As for their shells, Mr. Weil, I would think if they bothered with any at all
they'd have "hoof" shells, wouldn't they?

The sea is filled with such wonderful things that I sometimes wonder about
the decision my ancestors made to move up to this dry and dull neighborhood.
Oh, for a nice set of gills....