From:
"Emilio J. Power" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 00:23:40 -0400
Hello!

Hi Phyllis and all,

Phyllis Diegel wrote:

> Dear Everyone,
> Yes, we all make mistakes and I just replied to everyone. Although sometimes
> I have gotten some information I would not have gotten by making a mistake.
> Now that I have apologized I would like to ask a couple questions.
> Reading Henry Close's new Liguus book I would like to have some information
> on sinistral specimens. I know all of you will have some info and Harry Lee
> probably has everything anyone needs to know. If you have the book on page 4
> Henry explains why we do not have more sinistral liguus.

Henry put forth a hypotheses as far as one sided mating compatibility, sounds
good but not proven/documented yet. I have seen and gathered as many as seven or
eight
Liguus clustered together in a tight ball during mating. Literally a ball of sex
crazed critters.
Never took a close look as to which particular two were "hooked up" though.
The guy/gal that was attached to the tree took the brunt of the weight which is
quite a bit for the moisture laden snails.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power