From:
Bill Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 15:36:19 -0400
All live collecting (plant or animal) is prohibited in Florida State Parks.

http://www8.myflorida.com/communities/learn/stateparks/information/parkrules
.html

In regards to southeast Florida's shelling bans (Sanibel) and restrictions
(Lee County), the limit of their juristriction is spelled out in law as the
county limit in the Gulf of Mexico. To implement their restrictions/bans,
these entities had to get permission from the State of Florida because the
state owns the seabed. It would seem logical in regards to state parks,
unless specifically spelled out differently, that the parks physical
boundary
likely extends seaward to the limit of state waters and therefore the
"Sovereignty of the seas" law would not be applicable. A condo owner
can't legally deny you beach access but federal and state government
can and do.

Call your local park manager and ask him/her.

Bill F.