From:
James Movich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 09:43:24 -0700
Helmut,
If you feel compelled to test the process, try putting "test of
server-please delete this" or similar in the subject line so people know
what to do with it.

Lynn,
You may have been a little harsh. Not all of us are on high speed, reliable,
full time providers. I can see why not seeing traffic for a whole day might
make someone feel the problem is with them. It certainly is no more abusive
of the rules than some of the other stuff we see (and tolerate).

Can we ping the server without sending a message to see if it arrives, and
know for sure the server is working?

Regards
James I. Movich