From:
Stephen Browning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 07:33:12 -0500
Hi Jan,

I have very few European Haliotis species. What I am particularly interested
in finding are some Haliotis pustulata from Italy, especially Monte Cristo.
These are very beautiful. If you have a lsit of species that you wish to
sell or exchange, please let me know. We don't have any European Conus
either, so the same applies there as well.
I haven't done any artwork since high school days and that's quite a while.
I have been taking a few photographs lately, though. I've been downloading
images off the web of paintings by your countrymen that depict shells. Most
of my favorite artists are from the Netherlands, Vermeer, Van Ruisdael, Van
der Ast, Huysum, Claez, Hals, Van Gogh, and especially M.C. Escher. If  I
ever come to your country, I will probably spend most of my time in the art
museums. I also love the 17th and 18th century tulip prints.

Best regards,

Steve