Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 16:56:48 -0400
Interesting slug reports, could it be that the slugs in both cases were
feasting on calcium? I heard once that octipi eat certain shells for the
calcium. As for the chipmunk carcass they could have been knawwing  the
bones and in the case of the bird crap isn't the white part calcium. I'll
have to scrape some off the car and have it tested /. just an observation,
probably wrong as usual. mark