From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 09:55:01 -0400
Doug,
You pay your kids?  Mine are lucky to get three square meals.  My eldest (a
saintly daughter and at 20 she still is) could name all the polygyrids in
Florida by the age of four.  The middle one (a 15 year old son who is also
a saint compared to what I've seen) was not so interested (now it's just a
constant line of females at the door and on the telephone).  The youngest
(8, a son) is probably the scientist of the bunch.  That is, if he stays on
track.  If we would have had him first, our train would have only had one
car.  My father was a biologist and I was told one time that good
scientists skip generations in a family.  My response was, "oh, my poor
son".  Who knows what the future will bring for us all.  Have fun.  The
best thing I learned when the kids were infants was to gently lean on my
wife in bed to wake her up 'naturally' when the baby was crying.  Ah,
fatherhood.

Kurt

At 06:24 PM 5/1/98 EDT, you wrote:

><< Doug,
> Congratulations.  This brings your intelligence into question though.  I
> have three and I know I'm crazy.
>
> Kurt
>  >>

>Agreed.  My kids are always asking why my hair is turing grey - I wonder!
>Anyway, what can I say - I cannot find any other field assistants who will
>work for $1.00 an hour.  Also, I have never had any other field assistants
who
>were so enthusiatic about their work.   However, this one is the caboose.
May