From:
Carol Bodine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:25:52 -0500
Hi Ellen,

I just went through a grueling move from Indiana to Missouri with a 20ft.
U-Haul truck filled with my shells.  My best advice is avoid cardboard boxes
at all costs!  I had to keep some of the shells in storage for a couple of
months in cardboard.  The cockroaches and mice took up residence in the
boxes. It took Terminix 3 months to get rid of them all.  If you can put the
shells in plastic boxes protected by a "TP wrap"or cotton, or even plastic
bags and then store them in the "Rubbermaid" type storage boxes, cushioned
with bubble wrap (Wal Mart sells the storage boxes for $3.97 each)  they'll
withstand just about anything.  The boxes stack well in the moving van as
well.   (Just make sure you store heavy shells with heavy shells and fragile
shells with other fragile ones.) And best of all - no bugs!
Good luck~Carol