From:
Alfonso Pina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:41:49 -0400
Without the intention to be offensive, I would like to make something
clear:

1. Independently of your accent or origin, THERE IS a correct way to
pronounce every word, latin, greek or swahili (OK, maybe two or three
correct ways, but not any way is correct)

2. Another thing is if the time and effort that correct pronunciation
requires really worths, but this is your personal choice (and if you want
to know mine, I think it worths ...up to a certain point, at least)

The goal of binomial nomenclature is that we can understand each other when
talking about organisms, and if everyone pronounce every word as he likes,
we badly get that. Of course we are all limited, but this is no reason to
avoid to do our best.

So don't be lazy and try it, lets Linnaeus smiles wherever he is now...

Best regards,

Alfonso Pina
Malaga
Spain