From:
Irmgard Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:49:35 +0100
Dear Conchlers,

to get in the meantime a numerating system we created systematic numbers to
give the shells a systematical order.
My son will prepare a sample for this that you can see what his ordering of
shells is. Duing some literature in
some cases is missing author and year of description, but he is looking in
the future for it. At the moment he
is working again with dbase for dos and exel.
Which fields should be important to have good informations for a  shell
collection
number of inventure
family
systemnumber
genus
species
author
maybe number of specimens
state
country
locality
coordinates concerning altitude, depth, and the usual geographic coordinates
(4 - 5 fields all)
habitat
day
month
year
collected by
ex collection
reference

there could be again other fields, but these are the most importants

I hope this serves
with best shelling greetings
Irmgard, mother from Helmut, who has quit the list for some doubtful attacks
against him