From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 09:52:23 -0500
Dear Shelling Friends:
I have changed my email address to [log in to unmask] (all the good shelling
monikers were taken-apparently a lot of shellers in this area of Florida;
and harvesting fresh lychees beats shelling any day) from
[log in to unmask] , the latter address expiring at the end of the month.
So please update, ignore or block that address as desired.
The shelling questions: I have the toy Intel pLay microscope which hooks up
to my computer.  Except for shells of a very limited size (10mm or so) I
cannot get a decent resolution picture on my computer monitor.  Even with
this size shell the picture, which looks clear on the computer monitor, is
not clear when I print a copy, even at the highest resolution print
settings.  My questions are: are there other better microscopes at a
reasonable price which easily links to a computer (my computer skills are
antedeluvian); or are there better ways to use the microscope I have to get
better pictures of different size shells?

Lastly, so many were kind last year to answer my question of potential
shelling areas in the Galveston, Texas area.  I'll be in that area this
week-how is shelling-have any shells washed up in the last couple of weeks?

Thank you.  Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Astronaut Trail
Shell Show in less than two weeks.

Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, Florida